Pro Upgrade for UseMyNet Hotspot
Requires UseMyNet Version 2.1 Dec'12 onwards & an EJunkie subscription
UseMyNet WiFi Online Payments
allows users to pay online for internet access
The Hotspot payments upgrade is an add-on to our regular firmware which allows customers to pay for internet access online by clicking "Buy Now" links on your landing page. Payments are processed by Paypal and deposited directly into your Paypal account. Users can pay by credit card, debit card or from a Paypal account.
This facility now uses E-Junkie's shopping cart system to handle the Paypal site interaction. This requires a monthly E-Junkie subscription of US$5 /mth but remember we never take a share of any of your WiFi revenue!
1. Load firmware
2. Set-up EJunkie account
3. Edit landing Page with EJunkie buy now links
4. Customers pay direct
We have chosen to use EJunkie because of easier setup for online payments without the need for "port 80 forwarding", nor a static IP address from your ISP. Full instructions are included and we offer full support. We can also do the initial EJunkie account set-up and customisation of your landing page HTML for you. A link is provided after purchase for you to provide us with the necessary information if you wish to use this facility at no extra charge.
The complete set-up procedure is:
- Purchase and load UseMyNet (version 2.1) onto your compatible router and apply this add-on which includes a landing page with online payment buttons and code files.
- Start a trial subscription for E-Junkie's shopping cart system. Link it to a Paypal account and add up to three "products" for the different internet access price points (for example 2 hour, 1 day, 1 week) with access codes supplied.
- Edit the buttons on your UseMyNet landing page to match your E-Junkie account and "product" id numbers.
That's it! Users connecting to your hotspot will see the online payment buttons. Clicking on one of these takes the user straight to the Paypal payment portal for them to pay with a credit/debit card or using a Paypal account. Once payment is completed they return to a thank you page with an access code and click submit to start their internet access. Payments go directly into your PayPal account. You are free to set the cost, currency and duration of the sessions.
Unlike most competitors there is no revenue sharing. The system is controlled entirely by you.
|Accept payments via Paypal. Set the price, duration and currency. Customer can pay by Visa, Mastercard or use a PayPal account .|
|Easy set-up. No port forwarding, open Port 80, Static IP or Dynamic hostname needed.|
|EJunkie handle's the two-way communication with Paypal. A valid access code is returned and submitted to the UseMyNet router via the user's browser simplifying the IT setup.|
|Offer up to 3 different price points for internet access time and usage limits.|
|Time period and/or data traffic limits can be set for 3 different levels of user specific unique tickets codes.
You choose the pricing, time and any data limit.
|Set Initial Website Redirect Page|
|After landing page login, customers are redirected to a website of your choice, for example your business website or google.com|
|Retains the existing features of UseMyNet|
|Can be used in conjuntion with ticket codes sold or issued "over the counter" and limited "free access" short/trial sessions if desired. Is compatible with all the main features of the base UseMyNet firmware.|
1. A TP-Link WR1043ND or Netgear WNDR3800 router Ioaded with UseMyNet version 2.1 firmware. (We can also supply an update for the Linksys WRT54GL running UseMyNet Pro 1.3-9 but please contact us for more information).
2. An Internet Connection. Connect the router loaded with UseMyNet firmware into a spare port on your DSL router or cable modem . If you have an existing WiFi network you can run the UseMyNet along side, keeping your existing WiFi for yourself and having the UseMyNet WiFi for your visitors.
3. An EJunkie subscription and a Paypal account. Payments from users who pay online for internet access will be deposited into your PayPay account. The necessary EJunkie subscription currently costs US $5/Mth (approx GBP £3.00).
We supply ongoing email support and software updates for 1 year from the date of purchase. We're proud of our support and will do all we can to help you out quickly.
You are licensed to install the UseMyNet software on one router. For bulk software licensing, please contact us . UseMyNet firmware is a customized OpenWRT image that contains the features of both Open Source Software and UseMyNet Code. OpenWRT is GPLv2 open source software that is available on the website http://www.openwrt.org.